Speaker: Corey Wolf
Topic: speeding up WordPress
Is there anything worse than trying to load a website and seeing the ‘spinning wheel of death’? Chances are your customers hate it too! In fact, 40% of users will straight up abandon a website if it takes longer than 3 seconds to load.
Join Corey Wolf, founder of Digital Marketing Meetup Adelaide, as he shares his top tips for turning your 20 second load time into a 2 second load time, enhancing the user experience and giving you an advantage over your competitors.
He’ll cover a range of web development best practices, from hosting and content delivery networks to image optimisation and plugins. Whether you’re a beginner who knows nothing about site speed or a pro looking to fine tune your skills, this meetup has something for everyone – no coding experience necessary.
Corey is a digital strategist and founder of Digital Marketing Meetup Adelaide (DMMA) https://www.meetup.com/Digital-Marketing-Meetup-Adelaide/ . He’s a passionate leader dedicated to implementing strategic digital marketing campaigns based on best practice.
He currently works at the Digital Marketing Tribe in Adelaide where he oversees all things digital as their Chief Digital Strategist.
In my spare time I build and ride electric skateboards that can reach speeds of 55 km/h (I have many others if this is not satisfactory).
Speaker: Girish Sawlani
Topic: Creative content ideas & how to leverage them to Maximise your SEO Efforts
– Currently work at SEO Melbourne & SEO Sydney (a creative & ethical digital agency specialising in SEO) in an Account Management capacity heading their Account Management division.
– Have been working in Digital Marketing in Melbourne for the last 4 years (including a stint at Supple – Saijo introduced me to these SEO meetups) & in India for 3 years prior to moving to Australia.
– Moved to Australia in 2013 to Pursue an MBA on the Gold Coast & moved to Melbourne right after.
About SEO Melbourne & SEO Sydney
– We have a strong focus on content hence my presentation today is on creative content ideas & how to leverage them to maximise your SEO efforts
– We believe that ethical & socially conscious businesses should dominate the SERPS & hence we provide significant rate reductions for ethical, environmentally sustainable & green businesses.
Fun Facts About me
– I’ve lived across 3 continents – I was born in West Africa, grew up in India & now i’m in Australia & loving it.
– When I’m not SEO-ing, I enjoy playing any racquet sport & play squash at a pretty competitive level. I also have a new found affinity towards camping & outdoor activities.