As promised, here are some of my notes from the Meetup. A big thanks to John Stoneman for his talk, and to our panel members Jamie Gemmell, Harry Sanders, Nik Ranger and Peter Macinkovic.
Without a lot of context, it’s just a few random bullet points and links, but if you went along it will make sense.
Since the first talk was on performance, there was plenty of lively discussion on AMP. For more info, go here:
The panel discussed some of their favourite tools:
Lazy Loading Plugins
– Choosing AU Test Node
– Synthetic vs Real User Monitoring
– Saijo’s TLDR Marketing Newsletter https://tldrmarketing.com/
– Google Blog https://webmasters.googleblog.com/
– RSS Lists and Twitter Lists (eg. https://twitter.com/scottpolk/lists/seo-list)
– BigSEO (https://www.reddit.com/r/bigseo/) and Slack channel (lots of specialist channels)
It was mentioned that the tools we use and love also produce excellent material for sharpening your skills and staying current:
SEMrush – https://www.semrush.com/blog/
Ahrefs – https://ahrefs.com/blog/
Thanks to all that came along, any requests for future Meetup topics just sing out!